© APPRAISERS NOW LTD.
Children Under the Age of 18
Our Website and Services are not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to or on the Website or through our Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through our Services. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
Collection of Information
We aim to collect, use and disclose only such information as is required to enable us to manage your account, to provide the Services, to maintain our customer/visitor lists, to respond to your inquiries or provide feedback, for identification and authentication purposes, or for service improvement. We will maintain the confidentiality of any contact information you provide to us on signing up for our Services or contacting us with questions or for further information and we will use it only for the purposes for which we have collected it (subject to the exclusions and disclosures we have listed below), unless you agree that we may disclose it to other third parties.
We collect and maintain different types of personal information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device (“personal information”) about you in accordance with applicable law, including:
- Identifiers. In order to register for our Services you must provide certain Personal Information to us such as your full name, address, and email address. We also collect information about your Company, such as company name, address and contact information, and other information that may identify you such as your IP address.
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)). For example, a name, address, and telephone number.
- Commercial information. For example, records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. For Users, we collect information related to appraisal designations, performance and usage statistics, and language preferences and for Properties/Appraisals, we collect information on the property and location information, and client/requestor information.
- Internet or other similar network activity. For example, browsing history, search history, personal social media activity, personal email, online transactions, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
- Geolocation data. For example, physical location or movements.
- Sensory data. For example, audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website or our Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and other information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Use of Information:
We use information for the following purposes:
- Registration and use of our Services.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud.
- To keep you up to date on our products and services through marketing communications if you opt-in. You may withdraw your consent to receive marketing communications from us at any time by following the opt-out instructions in each communication, or by contacting our marketing department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To understand the use of our Services by collecting statistics about the use of the Services. This information will be kept confidential, however, aggregate statistics that do not personally identify an individual will be kept by us and such aggregate statistics may be made available to other members or third parties.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve our responses.
- To personalize your experience with our Website or Services and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
Disclosures & Transfers
- Personal Information
- Commercial Information
- Internet of other similar network activity
- Geolocation data
- Sensory data
We share personal information for business purposes with the following categories of third parties:
- Software developers;
- Hardware vendors;
- System integrators;
- Payment processors;
- Web hosting service providers, such as Amazon Web Services; and
- Other service providers that support our business, including those that help us improve the Website or Services.
We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties if we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other Website members, other users of the Services, or anyone else (including the rights or property of anyone else) that could be harmed by such activities. We may disclose Personal Information when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by and in accordance with the law.
Information Collected Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies:
Your IP address is reported by your web browser whenever you visit a page on the Website. This information is recorded together with your registration information on our databases.
We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Personal Information in a secure environment, including technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps designed to protect Personal Information that you provide to us. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of your Personal Information to only such designated staff as are reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you.
In certain areas, such as when you provide credit card or other payment information to us, the Website works to help protect the security of your credit card and other payment information during transmission by using industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology.
You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information. For instance, never give out your email account information or your password for the Services to third parties.
Amendment of this Policy
Your State Privacy Rights
Your state of residence may provide you with specific rights regarding your personal information. This section will describe your rights and explain how to exercise those rights.
You may have the right to request we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information. Upon receipt and verification of your request, we will provide you with a response although in certain limited circumstances, we may not be able to make all relevant information available to you such as where that information also pertains to another user. In such circumstances we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will endeavor to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner.
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive your request and confirm your identity, we will review your request to see if an exception allowing us to retain the information applies. We may deny your deletion request under certain circumstances.
To exercise your rights as described above, please submit a request via the contact information listed below. Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request to know or delete related to your personal information. To designate an authorized agent, please provide us with written authorization of the same.
You do not need to create an account with us to submit a request to know or delete. However, we do consider requests made through your password protected account sufficiently verified when the request relates to personal information associated with that specific account. We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the law.
Other California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
You can help by keeping us informed of any changes such as a change of address or telephone number. If you would like to access your information, if you have any questions, comments or suggestions of if you find any errors in our information about you, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: October 28, 2022